- This event has passed.
EDAA Leadership Institute – Retail Course (Birmingham)
May 4, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
Economic Leadership Development for Alabama
A partnership between the Economic Development Association of Alabama and Auburn University to educate and engage elected officials, economic development board members, and other community leaders about key issues in economic and community development.
To earn an edaa leadership certificate:
- Participants must complete four, 1-day courses and attend at least one EDAA Summer of Winter Conference.
- Courses can be taken on a stand alone basis, but participants are encouraged to take multiple courses to earn the Leadership Certificate.
- Classes will utilize regional economic development practitioners as instructors and panelists and each course will be offered in locations around the state.
CORE COURSES INCLUDE:
- ESSENTIALS of Economic Development
- Attracting RETAIL
- Building WORKFORCE
- Building COMMUNITY
- Business & Industry MARKETING AND ATTRACTION
This course will cover current retail trends and strategies for attracting retail business. The course will be offered on the following dates and locations around the State of Alabama. Participants can register for the session that best fits their schedule.
9:30 am – 3:00 pm ▪ Locations to be announced
$65.00 per person
March 24 – Spanish Fort
April 28 – Huntsville
May 4 – Birmingham
June 2 – Prattville
Call 334-844-3685 or visit http://www.auburn.edu/edaaleadership for more information.